Our Goals and Priorities
QUALITY AND SAFETY
We will support a culture of quality, safety and security by:
- Improving patient and workplace safety and security
- Embedding patient- and family-centered care at all levels of the organization including: direct care, program and service planning and leadership to enhance patient experience
- Increasing engagement with patients, staff, members of the public and communities
ACCESS AND COORDINATION
We will provide access and coordination to community health and mental health and addictions to meet the needs of Islanders by:
- Improving access to primary care services
- Improving access to mental health and addictions services
- Improving access to community-based specialized care programs for chronic and complex clients
- Enhancing home care services
INNOVATION AND EFFICIENCY
We will develop new and innovative approaches to improve the efficiency and utilization of acute care services and ambulatory care resources by:
- Improving patient flow
- Reducing wait times in emergency departments
- Ensuring appropriate use of ambulatory care resources
- Increasing use of innovative practices
One Island health system supporting improved health for Islanders.
Working in partnership with Islanders to support and promote health through the delivery of safe and quality health care.
We treat everyone with compassion, respect, fairness and dignity.
We collaborate in an environment of trust, communicate with openness and honesty, and are accountable through responsible decision making.
We pursue continuous quality improvement through innovation, integration and the adoption of evidence-based practices.
SUPPORTING OUR STRATEGY