As part of the Virtual Care Action Plan the VCPCC was established with the objectives of:
- Supporting Virtual Care Initiatives
- Coordinating and Delivering Virtual Care Projects
- Standardizing Project Materials
- Acting as Subject Matter Experts in Virtual Care
Virtual Care Project Proposal Intake Form
The Virtual Care Project Coordination Centre (VCPCC) is supporting the adoption of virtual care health initiatives in the province and want to hear your project ideas.
What is Virtual Care?
Virtual care has been defined as any interaction between patients and/or members of their circle of care, occurring remotely, using any forms of communication or information technologies with the aim of facilitating or maximizing the quality and effectiveness of patient care.
Up to $50k in one-time funding is available for Health PEI employees and teams, to implement, enhance, and scale virtual care programs and services to support integrated care delivery.
The VCPCC is inviting proposals that align with one or more of the following provincial priorities:
• Acute Care
• Home Care/Palliative Care/Geriatric Program
• Long-Term Care
• Mental Health and Addictions
• Primary Care
• Public Health
• Other virtual care proposals designed to improve patient access and experience may be considered if they align with regional priorities
Review the online application form.
Meet with your team/manager and your IT Consultant (ITC) to support the completion of the online application form.
Submit the online application form.
Wait for a response from the VCPCC.
Meet with our Team to discuss your project.
Receive a final decision.
Timeline for Submission and Approvals
April 19 - May 20: Submission of project proposals
May 21 - June: Review Submissions
Early June: Project Approval Announced
Questions? Email VirtualCare@ihis.org
PDF copy of online application form can be provided upon request.