Clinical chemistry is responsible for analyzing blood, urine, stool, and body fluids on a STAT and Routine basis. The tests performed here are used to assess kidney function, liver function, heart disease, tumour markers, hormone levels and respiratory status, to monitor drug levels and to investigate some drug overdoses.
- Summary Canadian Cardiovascular Society Guidelines for the Management of Dyslipidemia for the Prevention of Cardiovascular Disease in the Adult - New June 2017 [PDF]
- Canadian Diabetes Association Clinical Practice Guidelines (2013) [PDF]
- Dyslipidemia Screening and Treatment Summary Guidelines [PDF]
- Summary Canadian Guidelines for the Management of Asymptomatic Microscopic Hematuria in Adults [PDF]
- Summary Guidelines for the Utilization of Natriuretic Peptides in Managing CHF [PDF]
- Summary KDIGO Guidelines for the Management and Evaluation of CKD [PDF]